Wednesday, March 14, 2012

My SOP (aka... The Rules)

1. Respect
Respect for you is probably the most important and necessary rule here. Respect is like submission in many ways, it is a gift; however, it is an earned gift. If the respect isn’t given then neither is my submission truly given either. They go hand in hand as part of each other. Respect includes taking your feelings, need, thoughts, wishes, commands and everything else into consideration, taking them seriously and giving them value. I do that by acknowledging you, listening to you, being truthful to you and accepting your dominance in my life. I will show you respect through my behavior but also through feelings, which is where the true respect lies. By respecting you internally, my actions should show that… and they will!

2. Obedience
Obedience is a branch of respect, but a very important one. It is the act in which I listen and carry out your commands and requests. It is biblically expected in a marriage and in my eyes that carries over in to the D/s world as well. I have committed to you in a way that goes beyond normal friendship; it is intense, sincere and from the heart. It is a promise, a vow; and although very different than marriage vows, it still maintains a majority of the respect and obedience that is required and expected between a husband and wife. From the moment I pledge my submission to you, it becomes my duty to serve you and obey you, not to question your methods, reasons or authority. It is an act of trust that I believe you will always act in favor of my best interest and out of love and concern. So with that trust, I agree to do my very best to listen and abide by your rules, demands, concerns, and suggestions without hesitation.

3. No "NOs"
This one is not only a branch from respect, but also from obedience. By accepting your dominance and agreeing to abide by your rules and guidance, it then becomes my responsibility to obey and listen. In order to comply with that, the use of “NO” as a response to a direct order or even a suggestion should not be in my vocabulary. In saying “NO”, I openly deny you that dominance I have said I would accept; I take back the submission I vowed to give. It is deliberate and willful disobedient act, one you do not deserve to be given.

4. No swearing
Swearing is wrong on so many levels. It is disrespectful, unladylike, improper, rude, and biblically wrong. In fact even the word, profanity, which includes swearing, stems from the Latin meaning of “outside the temple” aka not Christian like. It hurts my reputation and respect people have for me, as well as my testimony as a Christian. It is also a reflection on you as my Dom (regardless of who knows of that) when I act in a way that is unbecoming and disrespectful. I may have been a sailor, but that doesn’t mean I need to talk like one and I won’t.

5. Bedtime
For me personally, sleep is a HUGE struggle and it is one that is negatively affecting my life. My energy level decreases, my mood is altered and usually lowered, and my immune system drastically declines making me susceptible to all sorts of health problems and intensifies the problems I already have, such as my ears. Sleep is vital to maintaining proper care of myself and by getting a good night’s sleep, starting at whatever bedtime you give me each night, it will improve my entire quality of life. I will make sure I have taken my medications, completed my nighttime routine and in bed with my lights out by my assigned bedtime each night, actively focusing on relaxing my mind and body so I am able to fall asleep in a timely manner.

6. Exercise (walk, elliptical, zumba, etc…) AT LEAST once per day for 30 minutes
Exercise is also extremely important for maintaining a healthy lifestyle. Because of my sometimes depressed and/or stressed mood and my lack of energy (both of which are somewhat due to my lack of sleep), I am unable to find the motivation to move around like I used to and like I need to. By doing some sort of exercise for at least 30 minutes a day, I would feel better about myself emotionally, physically, and mentally, it would help improve my mood, weight, self confidence, energy level, and even work my muscles so it would be easier to fall asleep at night. There is nothing negative about this rule and it is one I have wanted to do for a long time but often find myself lacking the motivation needed to constantly accomplish it so I am thankful that you are requiring it and will be holding me accountable for it. (Ok, so that is a really long sentence, but totally grammatically sound LOL) So unless I am unable to for legitimate reasons, I will do my best to complete this task every day.

7. Limited Mt. Dew Intake 
Because of my poor sleep habits, any kind of caffeine or sugar intake in the evening would hinder my ability to go to bed at a reasonable time. My drink of choice is Mt. Dew; which unfortunately is also loaded with an insane amount of sugar. So by you restricting the amount I take is a smart and healthy rule. I will consciously pay attention to the time and make sure that I refrain from both drinking Mt. Dew and any other kind of high sugar food or drinks in the evening. 

8. Driving Safely
Driving is a privilege, not a right and it is one that I need to take more seriously than I do. Every time I get into my car, I am embarking on a dangerous journey, and my future and anyone else driving with me, becomes my responsibility to look after and take care of it. Granted, there are accidents which can happen that I might not be able to avoid, but for the safety of myself and everyone else on the road, it is my duty to do everything in my power to make sure I am doing my very best at preventing any accidents that can be avoided. By speeding, putting on makeup, playing games on my phone, texting, and any other activity that can distract me from giving my full attention to the task at hand, I increase the risk of avoidable accidents by so much it is astronomical. Driving is something that should never be taken lightly and given my loss of hearing, it is even that much more important that I remain focused on driving safely. I will consciously remind myself and be aware of what I am doing while behind the wheel. I am worth it and so is the lives and safety of everyone else on the road.

9. NO Cutting
It is a dangerous and self-destructing act which causes me more emotional pain in the long run then I originally had. It is damaging to every part of me, emotionally, physically, mentally, inside and out and also hurtful to those around me. There is not much to be said on the subject other than how horrible it is and that I NEED to stop doing it and find better ways to cope under stress. I will remember that I am worth it and stop and think before I act irrationally under pressure, leaning on God, my friends, family, and other coping skills to help me to refrain from sliding down that path again.

10. Focus and Motivation for Day to Day Life
Every day brings new challenges and tasks that need to be completed to maintain good order and stop stress and chaos from happening. I have a tendency to be careless with my decision making process and to act impulsively or to just not act at all because I am lacking the motivation. Either way, I need to stay focused on the chores of everyday life to keep myself balanced, healthy and happy. Whether it be washing the dishes every night, making important phone calls, making my bed in the morning, just getting out of the house for a bit, etc…, by staying on top of these things are essential to having a fulfilling and rewarding life, and one that doesn’t fall to pieces. I will remember the importance of staying positive and motivated and put that knowledge to good use in my day to day life. 

~cas[C]

No comments:

Post a Comment