Sunday, March 25, 2012

Location, Location, Location

In real estate there is a slogan about the impact of a property sale, “Location, Location, Location.” Well the same is true about behavior. Just like in property, two houses may be the exactly same but the location makes all the difference in cost.

Now cas can get this wild streak in her and when that happens, her behavior gets a bit sassy and she does not listen; stubbornness just flows out of her like a fountain. You can be rest assured I get her back in step quickly when I feel it has gone to far.

But occasionally, (and this is a rare occasion) she will get this wild streak in public. This public behavior increases the consequence of her actions because of "Location, Location, Location"  This behavior is met with a stiffer punishment because of her representing me and because I am mortified with her behavior. Some times she will do this behavior and then realizing that I can not do anything about the behavior will then challenge me by flashing me a look, as if to say, "you can't do anything here, ha ha". Boy does that make my blood boil. 

This last week cas had an melt down in public and again I was pretty livid. I am glad I didn't have the opportunity to take care of it until the next day. This offered me time to cool down so I wouldn't paddle her out of anger. But she did pay more than if she had had that same behavior in private. My hand got quite a workout as she lay draped over my lap, as well as this small OTK cane we have. I trust this one be the last time, but I hope the time she spent over my lap sinks in a bit more than other punishments and she thinks twice before behaving like this in public where her actions both embarrass and reflect on me. 

Chief [c]

No comments:

Post a Comment