Friday, April 6, 2012

Running on Empty

      So cas helped me last night with my signing homework and we stayed up a little late. Cas woke up a little bit earlier than I did and when I woke with the smell of coffee (which I enjoy) and cas’ smile. 
      When cas doesn’t get enough sleep she has a problem with her eyes and she rubs them. My rule is that cas is not allowed to rub her eyes when they are irritated. The more she rubs the more her eyes get irritated and the vicious cycle starts. She knows this. So I look over and she is rubbing her eyes and so I take a sip of my coffee and tell her to stop rubbing. She gets a little grumpy and stomps her foot (this is her visual way of saying “Fine!”) I raise an eyebrow and she snaps back into her place. I tell her if she needs to rub to get a wash cloth with cool water and dab her eyes. She just huffs and continues to get around. 
      I come out of the bathroom and there cas is rubbing her eyes again. She sees me and fear shoots through her eyes. I spin her around and give her a few hard swats, and after yelping she gets around with out an issue. She dresses in her zoo shirt and name tag and out the door about 2 minutes late. 
      I have Good Friday off so I just sip my coffee and catch up on the news. She calls me from the car and she apologizes for the morning. I sip my coffee and tell her that’s ok. She says that she forgot her glasses and I told her that she forgot them because she was running late and because she had to get a few swats. Then in the next breath she yells “damn it!” I ask her, “What’s wrong?” She said that she missed her exit. I tell she has plenty of time and not to worry. Well then she starts freaking out on me and says, "damn and I am going to run out of gas." I said, "What?!, cas how low is your tank allowed to get?", She realized that she just admitted that her tank was below a quarter tank, which I don't allow. I told her that she was in trouble and she didn’t care. I told her that she will care after she gets done with the zoo. That snapped her back and she became very respectful and in a quiet voice she asked what she was going to get. I told her that she will find out on the blog.



To cas: you are getting the bathbrush and then IcyHot. 












Chief [c]

No comments:

Post a Comment