Wednesday, April 25, 2012

A lecture was more than enough


The power of words will impact more than any form or physical force and this has been known from the beginning of time. Think of the impact of “Fore score and seven years ago” or “I have a dream” or even “Ask not what your country can do for you but what you can do for your country”. Those words were surrounded by a lot of violence and physical force, but what has stood the test of time were the words that were spoken not so much the actions that people did.

Now cas woke up on the wrong side of the bed and foul mood and temper were more than I could handle. I will not go into details but when I walked out to cool my brain, I think that’s when she realized that she had messed up. She went for a walk too to reflect the morning’s interaction between us, sat and wrote this incredible poem that not only she posted but also read to me.

When I got home there was a note to check the blog and I listened to it while reading along, and although I really liked it, I was still livid. She came home meek and quiet and when I saw her that is when I laid into her. The words that came rolling off my tongue were a compilation of feelings and emotions that had been bottled up for some time. The words were sharp as arrows and as I said each sentence I could see the hurt in her eyes grow to the breaking point.

It started with a single tear running from the inside of her eye down her cheek and grew until she was a blubbering, sniffling mess. She dropped to her knees and begged forgiveness and at that point I could see that she was completely broken, it was time to stop the lecture, the lecture that hurt her very soul, and reduced her to a point of surrender.

I reached down at that point pulled her to her feet, hugged her and tried to console her. This did not work at first and she didn’t stop blubbering to the point my shirt was soaked as she pressed her face against it. Finally after quite a bit of time she started to wind down (I think she ran out of tears) she sniffed a bit and said sorry one last time. I told her, “it’s ok baby, it’s ok” I realized then that my words were more than enough to handle this situation.


Chief [c]

No comments:

Post a Comment