Friday, March 23, 2012

Hurry up and wait… (Last Friday)

Today I woke up and spent most of the morning on the phone with detectives, friends, family, VA doctors and of course my wonderful Dom, who would have done anything to be able to drive down to me but couldn’t. The VA found out that I hadn’t had a CT scan done on my head and ordered an ambulance out to bring me there. All I had for pain was two Tylenol in the morning; I was in pain and had expected them to give me some pain pills when I first got there at 2pm but they didn’t. Instead I waited until 7 before x-rays and CT scan were done on my head and jaw, in which case they still couldn’t give me pain pills until the CT results came back showing I wasn’t bleeding. I was in tears I was in so much pain, so this wonderful older couple sat down beside me to comfort me; they reminded me of my grandparents. He insisted on buying me a Mt Dew and then tried several times to give me $20 which I politely refused at least 5 times. However, when I looked in my pursed for something shortly after they had left, I saw he had slipped it in there, sneaky old man; which I am thankful for because even though my stubborn self wouldn’t take it, I really did need it. Finally at 9 I was given some pain medication and around 11 I leave. They call me and pay for a cab to take me and I am home around midnight. Thankfully, there is no bleeding and my jaw isn’t broken; my face is just badly swollen and bruised.

~cas[C]

No comments:

Post a Comment